Diamonds, men or chocolate?
I hope I speak for more than myself when I say CHOCOLATE. Diamonds cost a shit load and men are useless. It holds no grudges and provides unlimited satisfaction and a no-strings-attached shoulder to cry on when needs be.
What is it about the damn cocoa bean? Its like a delicious and exotic love affair that later leaves you feeling like a walked-on door mat. Swap around the last two vowels in cocoa and you have a different story. I use raw cacao in smoothies, sauces, biscuits and cakes and it has truly transformed my usual guilty chocolate consumption into a staple of my Thrive diet.
The cacao bean is rich in energy minerals, magnesium and sulfur which keeps your hail shiny, nails strong and helps keep your liver healthy! Powdered cacao is full of flavonoids, which are basically natural antioxidants (three times the antioxidant content of green tea!).
Prep time: 10 minutes + Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes 10 brownies
You will need
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 3 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 2 eggs OR 1/4 cup of water (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 160Cº Fan forced
- Place the dates and 2 tbsp of water into a food processor and pulse until a smooth mixture is formed
- Combine almond meal, cacao, vanilla essence and agave syrup with an electric whisker until smooth
- Gently melt the coconut butter over a low heat and add into the mixture along with the egg OR water (vegan option)
- Smash the macadamias with a rolling pin or pulse until the desired texture is formed and add into the mixture (leaving some aside to sprinkle onto the mixture before baking)
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking tin (the size is up to you depending on how thick you would like your brownies) and sprinkle a handful of the macadamia crumble on top
- Bake for 20 minutes and leave aside to cool for 10 minutes
Its that simple. Keep Thriving! ♥ Anya